HISTORIC GOVERNOR'S MANSION
Cheyenne, Wyoming • 6,000 sq. ft.
Design Team: Kurt Dubbe AIA, Brian Tarantola, Becky Smith, Eric Wandmacher
Fourteen years after achieving statehood in 1890, the State of Wyoming built it’s first Governor’s mansion in 1904. The State had purchased a vacant corner in an established neighborhood in Cheyenne, Wyoming only six blocks from the State Capitol. The house, at the time, was very modern as it had central indoor plumbing with hot water, steam heat and a combination of gas and electrical fixtures throughout. During the seventy-one years of occupancy, the mansion was never enclosed with a fence and never had on site security. From 1905 to 1976, the Mansion was the residence to 19 Wyoming First Families.
We provided architectural services for the interior and exterior restoration plan of the Mansion and the Carriage House as well as preparing construction documents detailing the restoration work.