Fort Bridger, WY
Design Team: Kurt Dubbe, AIA; John Fabian
Built between the 1880’s through the 1930’s, Fort Bridger was a military outpost in southwestern Wyoming that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1969.
Currently administered by the State of Wyoming, Division of Parks and Cultural Resources as a State Historic Site, this complex consists of numerous historic extant stone and wood framed structures possessing a high degree of integrity and significance. Most buildings and a majority of the site have been stabilized and rehabilitated for interpretation back to the period of military significance.
However, there are several key structures that are out of service and in dire need of attention. This project involved the preparation of a comprehensive historic structures report including existing conditions assessment, building stabilization and rehabilitation program for three historic stone structures, and adaptive re-use into the Fort Bridger State Historic Site administrative offices, museum collection, conservation labs, and archival storage.